5 Tips to Shop Sustainably
How many items from fast fashion brands are you wearing at the moment?
Fast fashion has become prolific, and unsurprisingly, the fashion industry is one of the biggest polluters, creating about 10% of global carbon emissions, and nearly 20% of all wastewater. Many brands are now looking towards more sustainable practices in their supply chains, from sourcing to manufacturing to transportation. We as consumers can choose to support these companies, and further the conversation with brands on sustainability.
In this post, we’ve rounded up tips and product ideas to help you become a more conscious consumer.
1. Before purchasing, consider whether you already own a similar item. We can suggest similar pairings based on past purchases. Have you done a hoody in the past? How about a vest to wear over it? Let us help you enhance what you’ve already purchased for your team.
2. Invest in quality clothes that last longer–quality over quantity! Bonus if fabrics are made ethically with sustainable materials.
Recover is a brand that creates clothing made from recycled plastic and upcycled cotton, and donates a percentage of its annual sales to environmental nonprofits. Shop their hoodie and crewneck.
3. Hole in your sweater? Try sewing or repairing it before buying a new one.
Did you know one of our best vendors offers repair services? If there is a tear, broken zipper or lost button, Stormtech Canada will repair or replace depending on the situation.
4. Be mindful about material your products are made from. Boss Promotions commits to quoting sustainable options wherever possible!
We have shirts made from fabrics such as recycled cotton and recycled polyester (rPET), hemp, and bamboo.
5. Let us guide you toward our many locally made options – made in Canada, Ontario – even many here in Toronto – that also make their clothing from ethically sourced materials.
In honour of Earth Day, we’re focusing on sustainability tips this week. If you missed it, here are 4 ways to reduce waste in the kitchen, and some tips on how to be sustainable anywhere.
You can find all the products listed above, and more, in our Boss Promotions Earth Day catalogue!