Sustainability at Work and On the Go
Sustainability doesn’t have to just happen at home! With endless eco-friendly options for work and on-the-go products, it’s now easier than ever to be environmentally conscious anytime, anywhere. Here are some tips and products to get you started.
1. Conserve energy in the office by turning off lights, devices, and machines when not in use instead of using standby/sleep mode.
2. Promote a paperless office by switching to cloud-based systems. If you need to print, save paper by using double-sided printing.
The Rocketbook Executive Flip Notebook is your new magic weapon against paper waste! Using the provided pen, fill the page, use the Rocketbook app to save your big ideas to your favorite cloud service for proper organization. Then, erase and reuse your Flip for your next adventure.
3. Use eco-friendly alternatives, such as recycled paper and biodegradable pens.
These pens by Prodir are biodegradable, reducing plastic waste in the office!
4. Eliminate or reduce the use of products that can’t be recycled, such as styrofoam cups, coffee cups, greasy pizza boxes, etc.
5. Travel sustainably and walk, cycle, and take public transit when possible. By taking public transit instead of driving, not only can you save nearly $10,000 annually, but you will also reduce traffic congestion, and reduce greenhouse emissions by half.
Looking for bike promo ideas? See some ideas here.
6. Instead of plastic bags, use reusable tote bags for groceries and other shopping. We have endless offerings in eco-friendly material.
7. Save money and skip out on takeout waste by packing lunch with reusable containers. There are many brands that offer these stylish containers that make lunch packing a snap!
Pictured: Osaka Bento Lunch Box | Ceramic W&P Porter Bowl
8. Use reusable bottles. Nearly 1 million plastic bottles are bought every minute, which accumulates a lot of waste! With endless options from retail brands such as Yeti, S’well, Contigo, Thermos, Corkcicle, Miir and CamelBak, this should be an easy swap.
Pictured: CamelBak Pivot | Miir Vacuum Insulated Wide Mouth Bottle
9. Instead of using plastic utensils, carry reusable sets made from materials such as metal and bamboo.
This set from PLA is made from a bio plastic derived from plant starches.
Missed yesterday’s post? Find 4 ways to reduce waste in the kitchen.
You can find all the products listed above, and more, in our Boss Promotions Earth Day catalogue!